The first bank of Auburn, Kentucky was a private bank organized by G.W. Davidson within the years 1875 to 1880, which occupied a brick building in what is commonly known as “the old brick row” on the south side of Main Street in Auburn. These buildings burned within a few years and were rebuilt, the bank occupying the building at the edge of the old Davidson residence.
In the early 1900’s the privately owned bank was made a stock company. In 1905, a second bank was formed by a stock company and organized as the Bank of Auburn. In 1929, the G.W. Davidson & Co. Bank and the Bank of Auburn merged into our present bank, the Auburn Banking Company. The Auburn Banking Company’s first president was James G. Coke.
On March 20, 1954 the Auburn Banking Company celebrated its 25th anniversary of the merging of the G.W. Davidson & Co. Bank and the Bank of Auburn. The bank was completely remodeled and redecorated the same year. Over 1000 people attended the Open House in connection with the 25th anniversary.
In September 1969 the Auburn Banking Company moved to its present location on Main Street in Auburn Kentucky. The lot was purchased from the M.A. Neal heirs. The bank was officially dedicated on October 19, 1969.
In August 1993 the Auburn Banking Company announced the acquisition of its stock by First Community Bancorp, Inc., a Hopkinsville based holding company. Upon receiving regulatory approval First Community Bancorp, Inc. acquired all outstanding stock on December 20, 1993.
In 1998, Auburn Banking Company announced the plans for the construction of a second branch in Russellville, KY. It is located at the corner of US 68-80 (Hopkinsville Road) and Shelton Lane or Industrial Drive. Both branches are still operational and the current President of Auburn Banking Company is Brian White.